Half/Full Day Trips
All you need to bring along with you is a towel, sunscreen, and either a bathing suit (togs, swimming trunks) or underwear (not everyone has togs) and a smile.
We supply top quality safety equipment and will gear you up into all the necessary clothing you require. Thermal tops, wetsuits, splash jackets, life jackets, booties and helmets. We carry spare gear on all trips as every individual has their own needs which we are fully equipped to cater for. If you have your own paddling gear and want to wear it, please advise us and we will make sure it meets our safety standards and take it from there.
Multi Day Trips
Clothes & Equipment for Camping
- Sleeping bag (at least 3 season)
- Sleeping mat
- 1 x lightweight rain jacket
- 1 x pair sneakers or sandals
- 1 x thermal top and pants
- 1 x light weight pants/shorts, long sleeve top
- 1 x over trousers (optional)
- 1 x warm hat
- 1 x pack towel (optional)
- spare underwear & socks
- small flashlight & spare batteries
- personal toiletries
Find a friend or 3 to share these items with:
- Alcoholic beverages (must be in plastic bottle)
- Insect repellent
- Personal snacks eg. high energy snacks
Clothes & Equipment for Rafting
- 1 x bathing suit
- 1 x long sleeved thermal top (2 in spring or Autumn)
- sneakers that you can wear rafting, (some find these to be more comfortable than the neoprene booties that we provide)
Note: Ultimate Descents NZ supplies wet suit, spray jacket, thermal top, life jacket, helmet and neoprene booties.
We also provide tents if needed, and we can hire-out just about anything else that you do not have.
Any questions about this gear please don’t hesitate to ask us.